Your favourite champagne is always best paired with the right food. The only question is which one you prefer the most. Cheese will be a great option if you are after light food to snack on while enjoying your drink. Now, the question is, what kind of cheese would match the taste of your champagne best?
The Perfect Cheese for Your Sparkling Wine
Champagne is one of the most loved sparkling wines. The sweet drink is a popular choice among many who know its unique taste. At the same time, many love the taste of cheese. That is one reason they could be a perfect pair. Cheese tasting would always be a great way to enjoy your wine and food at the same time.
Your favourite cheese can be a fantastic pairing for your champagne. Here is a list of delicious cheeses that would match the taste of your champagne.
- If you want something simple, try camembert cheese. It is a soft and creamy type of cheese, making it an excellent pairing for your drink.
- If you want something a bit spicy, why not try a young gouda?
- If you want to go for something more adventurous, why not go for a Brie de Meaux? This cheese has been loved by cheese lovers worldwide and is said to be one cheese that would pair well with your champagne. Though it is more expensive than the other cheeses, it is highly recommended to try it.
- Go with a Reblochon if you want to try something a bit less rich. You could also go for a brie de Melun or a Livarot. Both of these would be ideal choices for you.
These are just a few suggestions to help you with your drink and food. You could also go for a cheese that is more of a traditional option for your drink. There are a lot of chefs who would recommend that you go for some blue cheese as it could also be great with your drink. You could also go for gorgonzola and a chèvre. Both of these would be very palatable to your palate and your drink.
Guidelines in Choosing the Cheese for Your Champagne
- You should be aware of several qualities when selecting the cheese for your champagne.
- Remember that dry champagnes have a taste that is a bit “sharper.” They have a stronger flavour and smell than the sweet ones.
- Choose a cheese that is not too salty. You would want to avoid salty cheeses as these would clash with your drink.
- Try to choose a more neutral cheese. It could be a better match for your drink as it does not overpower any flavours.
- You would want to consider the cheese texture that you pair with your drink. If you want something that is a bit on the soft side, you would want to go for brie cheese or camembert.
There are a lot of different cheeses out there that you could pair with your champagne. It is always a great idea to be more adventurous and try something new. However, do not forget that you should also keep your personal preference in mind as you choose the cheese. Remember that you would want to choose something that your taste buds would enjoy.
At the end of the day, the best cheese for your champagne is the one you enjoy most and could match your tastes. If you are looking for a sparkling white wine to enjoy in the UK, you should try Quello. It is a naturally-fermented canned wine from Italy that you can take anywhere.